JOB TITLE: CDPAS MCO Quality Assurance Specialist
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for monitoring and corrective action within the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS) accounts receivable ledger. Ensures that billing has been done accurately and completed timely.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor the CDPAS Managed Care Organization (MCO) receivable to discover any errors, missed billings, or other discrepancies that would place the receipt of funding in jeopardy.
- Contact MCO regarding discrepancies in authorized units for the consumer.
- Follow-up on all rejected billings from the MCO's.
- Complete MCO administrative reviews when necessary to overturn rejected billings from the funding source.
- Bill for CDPAS services using approved software.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- High school diploma or equivalency
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- High school diploma or equivalent requires six (6) months experience in basic bookkeeping and/ or clerical skills.
- Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to read and verbalize printed materials, work in a computer.
- Must have basic level of computer knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional or support staff.
Range: $31,960 - $32,960
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
CLOSING DATE: August 3, 2021
COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214