JOB TITLE: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for supervising the accounting staff and managing the integrity, accuracy and timeliness of the WNYIL’s (Western New York Independent Living, Inc.) financial and accounting records as well as provide information about the WNYIL financial activities that will assist management and the Board of Directors in making financial decisions about the organization’s future.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial reporting including, but not limited to, internal monthly financial statements and cash flow projections.
- Budget analysis, projections, including working with management to complete annual budget.
- Manage all aspects of the accounting information system, including the implementation and maintenance of accounting and payroll software.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of financial reporting and regulations relating to not-forprofit organizations as established by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and relevant government agencies.
- Oversee, execute and comply with all Federal, State and County contracts.
- Supervise Assistant CFO to oversee entire Accounting and Billing Departments.
- Complete monthly and year-end closing entries and procedures.
- Develop, implement and ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the completion and reconciliation of ledger accounts.
- Facilitate the annual audit.
- Maintain and oversee the execution of the Finance Deadline schedule.
- Prepare appropriate financial statements to be reviewed with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Propose budgets responsive to planning objectives and staffing to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Continually review revenues and expenditures reporting findings and recommending revisions to the budget as appropriate.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Financial Management
Master’s degree in Business Administration
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Must have experience in leading an Accounting team or department, managing multiple funding streams and possess a strong understanding of Federal, State and local governmental agencies and their grant/contract processes.
- Must be knowledgeable and have related experiencing working in non-for-profits.
Bachelor’s degree requires five (5) years’ experience in a management capacity for Accounting.
Master’s degree requires two (2) years’ experience leading an Accounting department and managing budgets.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, exempt, Senior Management Professional staff.
Range: $90,000 - $130,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: September 27, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214