JOB TITLE: Enhancement Employment Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health PEER Connection (MHPC)
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Enhancement Site Supervisor
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
To assess the readiness and appropriateness of participants in the Enhancement Program for employment. Recruits perspective employers, within the community, to grant work experiences or real employment to participants. To coordinate Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) individuals with employment opportunities in the community.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To seek out employers who will participate in the Enhancement Program and who will allow TANF individuals a work experience at their work site.
- Participate in TANF Individuals Person Centered Plan and match up a work experience with TANF individuals’ desires.
- To report employed participants to the Enhancement Navigator Site Supervisor after verification with employer and hours of work experience TANF individuals participate in each week.
- Accurately document consumer services required paperwork in appropriate databases within (2) business days of the date of service.
- To work with employers and TANF individuals regarding any difficulties that arise with the work experience.
- Organize employment related presentations and or job fairs for TANF individuals.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalency
Associate Degree in human services field
Bachelor’s Degree in human services field
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- One (1) year experience in providing employment, vocational or educational services to those with disabilities is required.
High school diploma or equivalent requires four (4) years of work experience in the mental health system.
Associate degree requires two (2) years of work experience in the mental health system.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office/ Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $34,000 - $39,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: November 17, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.