TITLE: Erie County Taking Control Administrator
DESCRIPTION: Supervise, coordinate, and promote the expansion of, and enroll individuals as consumers of and/or employers of, the Taking Control program in Erie County.
DUTIES RELATIVE TO CONSUMERS:
- Conduct intake appointments to meet with new consumers for CDPAS.
- Ensure that all new consumers' paperwork has been completed and processed.
- Train new consumers to efficiently utilize CDPAS services.
- Ensure all consumer data has been properly and correctly entered into all Taking Control data bases and Electronic Health Record (EHR) within 24-hours of service.
- Assist and/or educate consumers how to hire, monitor, and/or terminate assistants.
- When appropriate, communicate with third-party payees regarding the authorizations, re-authorizations, and all other applicable contractual obligations regarding services to and for the consumer.
DUTIES RELATIVE TO ASSISTANTS
- Collaborate with the Personal Assistant Coordinator in the provision of new assistant orientation as needed.
- Assist the consumer and/or Directing Representative, in the recruitment, interviewing, hiring, terminating PAs when requested.
- Supervise the Taking Control staff that are assigned to work at the Erie County office.
- Make the day-to-day decisions of the Taking Control program as it relates to carrying out the policies, procedures, and practices of the Taking Control program.
- Respond to telephone calls within 24-hours.
- Ensure all procedures are compliant as per the Agency’s Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Attend bi-weekly Taking Control cross-team meetings.
- Meet and coordinate program, policies, practices, and procedures of the Taking Control Program with WNYIL’s Director of Taking Control.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean, and safe work environment.
- Perform all duties deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Taking Control.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must always perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess an Associate’s Degree, plus one (1) year of general office experience; or a High School Diploma or equivalency with three (3) years’ of general office experience; or possess five (5) years of general office experience. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of, academic credentials. Selected candidate must have reliable transportation and have excellent organizational skills. Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Agency.
SALARY RANGE: $30,000 — $34,000
CLOSING DATE: February 12, 2020
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214