DESCRIPTION: This position will coordinate the enhancement of independent living skills for individuals with disabilities. The ILS will assist and support individuals to maximize their potential as active, self-directed members of the communities of their choosing. The ILS will support and empower individuals as independent advocates of their own services, as well as work with them in establishing an Independent Living Plan.
- Coordinate and conduct independent living evaluations for people with disabilities.
- Inform individuals about various programs that are available to them and assist them in securing and/or maintaining benefits, such as vocational rehabilitation, social services, Medicaid, etc.
- Coordinate and/or perform independent living skills, counseling and training.
- Provide Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) to transition-aged youth with disabilities.
- Provide Career Assessment, Employment Preparation, Job Placement and Supported Employment Services.
- Produce timely services and associated paperwork for the purposes of billing Acces-VR for Core Rehabilitative Services (CRS).
- Coordinate with Acces-VR Counselors and maintain a satisfactory rating.
- Maintain the required credentials and access to the New York State Employment Service System (NYESS)
- Assist individuals in accessing the Ticket to Work program.
- Must complete NYS CASE trainings required for CRS delivery within the first 12 months of employment.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the supervision of the Director of Independent Living Services.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a working knowledge of persons with disabilities and federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities.
Preferred Acces-VR Evaluator II: Evaluator II Minimum Qualifications
Master's Degree in vocational rehabilitation or related area, such as personnel, counseling, and guidance plus one year (1) of experience in vocational rehabilitation or other suitable fields;
Bachelor's Degree and three years (3) of experience in service delivery to individuals with disabilities;
Five years’ (5) experience as an evaluator in a community rehabilitation program and completion of specialized rehabilitation-related courses.
Must meet a minimum of Acces-VR Evaluator I: Evaluator I Qualifications
Master's Degree in vocational rehabilitation counseling or related areas, such as personnel, counseling and guidance;
Bachelor's Degree and enrollment in a Master's Degree program in vocational rehabilitation or related area such as personnel, counseling and guidance;
Bachelor’s Degree and two years’ (2) experience providing vocational assessment services.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Agency.
SALARY RANGE: $32,000 to $36,000
CLOSING DATE: November 5, 2020
RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214