EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: ILGR - Medicaid Facilitated Enroller
DESCRIPTION: Educate, engage and enroll individuals who are aged, legally blind, or disabled to address their needs for health insurance by addressing the levels of eligibility, type of insurance that he or she is qualified for, prepare the application, and diligently follow through to collect information which is needed to fulfill the eligibility requirements, set forth by Local County Department of Social Services (LCDSS).
- Attend all necessary DOH, community or Agency training as required.
- Continuously work to identify and conduct outreach activities utilizing new and existing opportunities to educate, engage and enroll specialized populations which live within the designated service area.
- Conduct community-based education sessions, presentations or public events to educate the general public on available health insurance options.
- Conduct one on one appointment with consumers in a location convenient to them to discern eligibility according to the guidelines of LCDSS.
- Conduct regularly scheduled public enrollment sessions at various locations in the community to review applications and assist with enrollment.
- Be present and participate in bi-weekly conference calls with program staff.
- Attend weekly supervisory sessions with the Program Officer.
- Attend one professional/community training every six months specific to the aged, blind and disabled population or health care enrollment process.
- Enroll in professional development trainings to increase efficiency, accuracy, communication or personal and leadership skills.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s ECR within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of ILGR.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelors Degree and one (1) year experience; or an Associate’s Degree and three (3) years’ experience; or High School diploma, or equivalency, and five (5) years’ experience. Experience working in the health and human services field preferred. Preference will be given to individuals who are bilingual. Must be able to travel independently utilizing personal vehicle or public transportation to all consumers in the assigned coverage area. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu, in full or part of academic credentials. Residents of the Genesee, Orleans, Wyoming counties are encouraged to apply.
Western NY Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Organization.
SALARY RANGE: $30,000 to $35,000
CLOSING DATE: November 5, 2020
COVER LETTER AND RESUME REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214