EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Program Specialist – Homeless Alliance of Western New York (HAWNY) - ILGR
DESCRIPTION: Coordinate the Genesee, Orleans, and Wyoming (GOW) Continuum of Care (CoC) and maximize community participation.
- Conduct monthly CoC meetings in the GOW area.
- Conduct outreach and train the tri-county area in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Communicate with HAWNY on a regular basis to help coordinate services and comply with Housing and Urban Development (HUD) expectations.
- Regularly meet with Warming Shelters or other organizations providing resource information to their direct service staff.
- Increase organizational participation, recruit new members into the CoC.
- Use the HMIS data to assist the GOW CoC with grant applications; create reports.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Director of ILGR.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of ILGR.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must, at all times, perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor's or an Associate’s Degree related to human services with work experience related to same. Selected candidate should possess knowledge of persons with disabilities, as well as federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities. Ability to travel independently throughout the three (3) County service regions is needed (Orleans, Genesee and Wyoming). Selected candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus have good organization and analytical skills. A desire to advocate for the rights of others is essential.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free organization.
Salary: $19,000- $23,000
Closing Date: October 15, 2019
Submit Cover Letter and Resume To:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214