EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: ILGR - Taking Control Administrative Assistant (PT)
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for assisting with the creation and maintenance of both the electronic consumer record (ECR) and personal assistants’ personnel/medical files, including uploading scanned documents to WNYIL’s Human Resource Information System (HRIS). Assist with the conversion of existing paper copies for former and current consumers’ files into electronic format.
DUTIES RELATIVE TO CONSUMERS:
- Answering incoming calls as requested by the Taking Control Administrator.
- Assist with entering new consumer information into the ECR.
- Assist with inputting all changes to consumers’ and Personal Assistants 'demographics into the electronic records.
- Assist with inputting all new Personal Assistant (PA) information, including PA medical information, into the HRIS.
- Scan and upload all files into the HRIS following identified Agency processes.
- Assist with mailing required correspondence for the program.
- Produce all PA/Consumer orientation/intake packets.
- Monitor supply and printing inventory for the Taking Control department and notify the Assistant to the Director of ILGR when additional supplies are needed. Put away supplies as received.
- Provide backup receptionist duties.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s ECR within 2 business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Taking Control Administrator at ILGR.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must always perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
- High School Diploma, or equivalency, plus two (2) years of experience in general office work.
- Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
- Selected candidate must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have basic level knowledge of computers, including the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications, databases and networks.
- Residents of Genesee, Orleans, and Wyoming counties are encouraged to apply.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent free agency.
SALARY: $17/hr., 22.5 hrs/week
CLOSING DATE: June 15, 2021
COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214