DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the filing and maintenance of both Consumers’ and Personal Assistants’ files, the conversion of paper copies of required paperwork into electronic formats and assisting with daily clerical duties in the Taking Control Program.
- Scan files into Agency data systems.
- File program paperwork as required and maintain files appropriately.
- Construct Consumers’ intake packets and Personal Assistants’ orientation packets.
- Enter Consumer and Personal Assistant information into Agency data systems.
- Assist with daily clerical duties including, but not limited to: mailings, flyer/brochure development and distribution, calling Consumers or Personal Assistants, copying, shredding or organizational duties.
- Attend outreach events and assist with program promotion activities.
- Review paperwork/files for errors and/or omissions and take corrective actions.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Attend all team meetings.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the ILGR Taking Control Administrator.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a High School diploma, equivalency, or in process of obtaining within 6 months of date of hire. Requires basic computer skills, excellent communication and organizational skills. Must be able to multi-task and learn new procedures or programs as needed. Must have ability to work appropriately with confidential information and maintain strict confidentiality. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is essential. Residents of Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming County encouraged to apply.
SALARY RANGE: $15,000 to $17,500
CLOSING DATE: July 22, 2020
RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214