TITLE: MHPC/ECMCC Outpatient Clinics' Peer Support Specialist (CRPA)
DESCRIPTION: Provide Recovery and Advocacy support services to individuals with Substance Abuse Disorders being treated at Erie County Medical Center’s Corporation Outpatient Clinics.
- Provide peer recovery advocacy, to patients, due to substance use, who are referred to by ECMCC’s Outpatient Clinics.
- Meet individuals receiving services at ECMCC's Outpatient Clinics and inform them about recovery and resources available to them.
- Provide Peer counseling to ECMCC's Outpatient Clinics clients, in an effort for those individuals to make informed decisions regarding their recovery.
- Be a liaison with ECMCC's Outpatient Clinics Clients' family/significant others, and community providers in linking individuals to proper supports in the community.
- Provide the peer perspective to individuals being served and staff at ECMCC's Outpatient Clinics.
- Communicate and collaborate with ECMCC's Outpatient Clinic Staff the activities being done with the individuals being served.
- Empower individuals being served to make fully informed decisions.
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Must be available to work during week-day evening hours.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in ECMCC’s and WNYIL's Electronbic Consumer Record (ECR), within 24-hours of the date of service.
- Maintain a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the MHPC/ ECMCC Peer Specialist Team Leader.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must currently hold the New York Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA) certification. Must have a Bachelor's Degree in a Human Services related-major and one (1) year experience working in a Human Services setting; or an Associate's degree with three (3) years’ experience working in a Human Services setting; or must have two (2) years’ paid experience working as a peer in a Peer Run Agency. Must be computer literate and be capable of typing at least 35 words per minute. Life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of, academic credentials. Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle. Former substance use individuals in substantial recovery are encouraged to apply.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Organization.
SALARY RANGE: $32,000 to $36,523
CLOSING DATE: February 13, 2020
RESUME AND COVER LETTER REQUIRED TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214