JOB TITLE: Medicaid Facilitated Enroller
DEPARTMENT: Independent Living of Genesee Region (ILGR)
LOCATION: Batavia, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, ILGR
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Educate, engage and enroll individuals who are aged, legally blind or disabled to address their needs for health insurance by following the guidelines set forth by Local County Department of Social Services (LCDSS).
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Address level of eligibility, type of insurance that the individual is qualified for, prepare the application and diligently follow through to collect information which is needed to fulfill the eligibility requirements set forth by LCDSS.
- Attend all necessary Department of Health (DOH), community or Agency training as required.
- Continuously work to identify and conduct outreach activities utilizing new and existing opportunities to educate, engage and enroll specialized populations which live within the designated service area.
- Conduct community-based education sessions, presentations or public events to educate the general public on available health insurance options.
- Conduct one on one appointments with consumers in a location convenient to the individual to discern eligibility according to the guidelines of LCDSS.
- Conduct regularly scheduled public enrollment sessions at various locations in the community to review applications and assist with enrollment.
- Be present and participate in bi-weekly conference calls with program staff.
- Attend weekly supervisory sessions with the Program Director.
- Attend one professional or community training every six months specific to the aged, blind and disabled population or health care enrollment process.
- Enroll in professional development trainings to increase efficiency, accuracy, communication or personal and leadership skills.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Associate Degree in either a Health or Human Services field
Bachelor’s Degree in either a Health or Human Services field
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
Associate degree requires three (3) years of work experience.
Bachelor’s degree requires one (1) year of work experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to type forty (40) words per minute.
- Must be able to travel independently utilizing personal vehicle or public transportation to all consumers in the assigned coverage area.
- Must have basic knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Experience working in the health and human services field preferred.
- Preference will be given to individuals who are bilingual.
- Residents of the Genesee, Orleans, Wyoming counties are encouraged to apply.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office/Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, professional staff.
Range: $30,000 - $35,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. R
easonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: November 10, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214