TITLE: NY Connects Independent Living Outreach Specialist - ILGR
DESCRIPTION: Will work with the NY Connects Team in participating county(s) to connect aging or disabled individuals and their families to established support programs, critical pathways providers to help facilitate access to needed home and community based supports and services and streamline access to public benefits and application assistance.
- Complete training and participate in the state-mandated Information and Assistance Training, Person-Centered Assistance/Options Counseling and training within four weeks of hire.
- Assist in identifying new resources to be included in the NY Connects LTSS Resource Directory.
- Implement and adhere to the Administration of Community Living (ACL) National Standard on Options Counseling.
- Participate in all necessary cross agency training and document all attendances with NY Connects Regional Coordinator.
- Work in collaboration with the Specialized NY Connects standards to assist aging, people with disabilities and their caregivers.
- Provide information and assistance and Screen for NY Connects contacts, including walk-ins and off-site visits.
- Provide barrier-free access to services that accommodates people with special needs and access for individuals who speak languages other than English.
- Learn and utilize the Screen to collect prescribed information to link individuals and caregivers to appropriate resources and services.
- Collaborate with critical pathways to support transitions and linkages to long term services and supports upon discharge.
- Complete applications and eligibility determination, as well as tracking the outcomes on a monthly basis or as required by New York State Office Of The Aging (NYSOFA).
- Attend NY Connects staff and Long-Term Care Council (LTCC) and No Wrong Door (NWD) meetings.
- Attend and receive comprehensive, cross-agency trainings.
- Responsible for reporting all consumer activity, certifications and trainings, outreach activities, and meeting attendance.
- Accurately document consumer services in Peer Place as well as WNYIL’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) within two business days of the date of service.
- Utilize technology for reporting, referrals, tracking and accessing resources, and coordinate three-way phone calls for a warm transfer.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Independent Living of the Genesee Region.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must, at all times, perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor's or an Associate's Degree related to human services with work experience related to same. Selected candidate should possess knowledge of persons with disabilities, as well as federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities. Must be able to independently travel throughout the Genesee, Orleans, Wyoming County area. Ability to work independently at WNYIL, NY Connects, and off site visits to provide seamless coordination of services. Understanding or ability to learn resources in the delivery systems for aging and populations with disabilities and how to connect consumers to more intensive services. The ability to learn about Medicaid, Medicare, pooled trust and other financial resources that may be a barrier or need to obtain services. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills. A desire to advocate for the rights of others is essential. Must successfully complete the Cornell University’s Benefits Advisement Program within one year of employment. Residents of the Genesee Region encouraged to apply.
SALARY: $33,000 — $38,000
CLOSING DATE: May 22, 2019
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO/CCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214