JOB TITLE: NY Connects Region 1 Program Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Independent Living Center (ILC)
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: NY Connects Region 1 Coordinator
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Provides excellent phone skills, ability to communicate effectively and manage a large volume of calls. Gather all required documents for the purposes of reporting.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Link incoming calls to appropriate staff.
- Receive and document all incoming calls for the NY Connects Region 1 Coordinator when they are out of the office.
- Create a request for/letter to mail for the follow up on needed documents.
- Support the NY Connects Region 1 Coordinator in receiving and managing all necessary documents needed from various agencies for the purposes of reporting to New York State Office of the Aging (NYSOFA).
- Maintain a tracking sheet of all incoming documents from externa; resources via mail, fax, scans and file within two (2) business days of receipt.
- Communicate with NY Connects Region 1 Coordinator if documentation is not received in a timely manner.
- Collect all new resources from participating staff and agencies to update the NY Connects resource guide.
- Track and document all outgoing consumer related documents.
- Return all phone calls within 24 hours.
- Complete a bulk mailing as required for surveys and dissemination of program information.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year general office work experience.
- The candidate will be required to take a computer skills and abilities assessment test.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to work under tight deadlines and have an eye for detail.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, support staff.
Range: $32,000 -$37,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: October 7, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214