JOB TITLE: Statewide Engagement Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Young Leaders and Advocates Network (YLAN)
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, YLAN
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Statewide Engagement Coordinator works under the direction of the Director of the Young Leaders and Advocates Network to coordinate network activities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate social marketing and communications efforts.
- Act as staff coordinator for the statewide committees, including the recruitment of members, meeting logistics and recordkeeping.
- Act as a lead coordinator for the Statewide Youth Summit and other engagement events.
- Recruit membership and ensure membership information is organized.
- Build and sustain a network of groups and councils to collaborate and share information.
- Coordinate youth/young adult forums and focus groups.
- Assist groups in starting and sustaining.
- Identify young leaders to participate in statewide, regional and local planning councils.
- Organize youth/young adult input for statewide advocacy, as well as helping to increase involvement statewide.
- Gather, compile and assess input from YLAN members and the young people the network engages.
- Contribute to training and education initiatives, including the development and facilitation of curriculum.
- Present and distribute information about YLAN, its mission, policy, agenda and activities.
- Serve on committees/councils/taskforces as a representative of YLAN.
- Seek input from youth and provide information on all committee work.
- Advocate and promote interests of YLAN in the community, state and nation.
- Support the reporting and evaluation of the program.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- A person with a disability and experience as a youth in a state system is required.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience organizing youth advocacy and leadership efforts.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to travel independently statewide.
- Remote work skills required: proactive, organized, independently motivated, manages time effectively, comfortable using and learning digital tools.
- Must demonstrate ability to engage with diverse groups.
- Must demonstrate ability to speak with small and large groups of people.
- Possesses strong team leadership and collaboration abilities.
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers and marketing including the use of social media, graphic design tools, Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization, and analytical skills.
- A desire to advocate for the rights of others is essential.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Remote
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
Required flexibility for network meetings and events during evenings and weekends.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $34,000 - $44,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: October 25, 2021
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214