TITLE: Taking Control: Customer Service Specialist
DESCRIPTION: Answer incoming department calls and direct them to the appropriate staff. Assist program staff with documentation management and processing. Perform general office duties.
- Answer and direct all outside Taking Control calls to appropriate staff.
- Return all Consumers’ and Personal Assistants’ phone calls, regarding the same issues above, within 24-hours of initial contact.
- Respond to inquiries based on knowledge of the program.
- Assist program staff with documentation management and processing.
- Address and mail the following as needed: utilization letters, reauthorization letters and availability lists.
- Assist PA Specialists with scheduling PAs for orientation upon Consumer request.
- Assist as backup with running the daily PA Missed Punch Report, including contacting the consumers to verify missing shifts and the entering missed clock-in/out into the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system after the verification of hours with Consumer.
- Assist Payroll Liaison with time sheets for prior pay periods.
- Assist with accurately entering/updating demographics for both Consumers and PAs, including any temporary changes, into the relevant databases while ensuring that the data housed in all data bases is consistent.
- Assist in handling complaints made to the Customer Service Team by Consumers or PAs related to Taking Control program.
- Assist in fulfilling requests from Consumers for PPE supplies.
- Accurately document:
a. Consumer services and required paperwork in WNYIL’s electronic consumer record (ECR) within two (2) business days of the date of service.
b. PA interactions into Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Taking Control.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will possess:
- Associate’s Degree in a business-related field, plus one (1) year of general office work experience;
- High School Diploma, or equivalency, plus two (2) years’ experience in general office work.
- Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of, academic credentials.
- Must be able to type 35 words per minute and answer the telephone.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, computers, databases, word processing, and networks is essential.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Agency.
SALARY RANGE: $33,000 to $35,000
CLOSING DATE: May 7, 2021
RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214