EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Community Events Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the development and implementation of all Western New York Independent Living, Inc.’s (WNYIL) regional community, outreach and fundraising activities that include but are not limited to: fundraising and community events, community education programming, and outreach activity to un-served and under-served communities as it is related to the promotion of Independent Living (IL) philosophy and the functioning and events of WNYIL.
- Planning, implementation and garnering of corporate, and in-kind sponsorship for fundraising events in Erie, Niagara and Genesee Counties to increase funding for programs and services being offered in WNYIL’s Family of Agencies.
- Coordinate and implement WNYIL’s goals and objectives relating to the outreach, community awareness and fundraising efforts to unserved, and under-served, communities.
- Ensure WNYIL meets state and federal goals based on outreach activities in the community.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct community outreach and provide educational in-services and presentations to area organizations, clubs, schools, and other community groups based on the Community Engagement and Outreach Plan.
- Plan and implement annual legislative events to educate the public, legislators and consumers of IL Philosophy.
- Attend all event and outreach-related committees related to WNYIL Board of Directors, Councils, and fundraising opportunities.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Chief Community Engagement Officer.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess an Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree in Public Communications, marketing, business; or an Associate’s Degree in Communications with two (2) years related experience, or a High School Diploma with five (5) years related work experience. Must have one year’s experience planning special events and/or fundraisers. Understanding and ability to implement and request corporate sponsorship, fundraising, online requests for donation, in-kind donation requests, and event management skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. Organizational and public communications skills are necessary to be successful in this position. Community Events may take place monthly in the evening and weekend. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent free agency.
Salary Range: $35,000 to $40,000
Closing Date: August 20, 2019
Submit Cover Letter And Resume To:
Tina Brown, CHRCO, 3108 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214