TITLE: HR Personal Assistant (PA) Onboarding Specialist
DESCRIPTION: Perform onboarding activities for Personal Assistants (PAs )for the Taking Control program. Assist Consumers/Employers, or their Designated Representatives (DRs), in the recruiting of individuals for employment. Perform backup duties as part of the PA Specialist Team.
- Perform onboarding activities for employment for prospective PAs of the Taking Control program.
- Ensure that PAs submit all required information needed to be employed by the Taking Control program.
- Ensure that all data points are entered on the PA tracker as PAs move through the hire process.
- Follow the established PA Readiness process for new and returning PAs.
- Ensure that all active PAs working in the Taking Control Program update all necessary medical and administrative information on an annual basis.
- Scan, upload and record all required PA information into all appropriate databases within 24-hours.
- Run the weekly Reminders Report for PA medicals. Print and mail letters that go with the report. Inactivate any assistants that have reached the past due date.
- On a weekly basis update the I-9’s of new PAs that have started working to finalize the I-9 process.
- On a monthly basis review the PA Not Paid report sent out by the HR Department and shut off all newly inactivated PAs in Caretime.
- Maintain a regional PA availability list to assist consumers/employers, or Designated Representatives, in identifying prospective candidates for employment.
- Work in conjunction with the Taking Control Administrator to assist consumers with obtaining PA services.
- Respond to phone calls within 24-hours.
- Follow all established program processes relative to processing and maintaining PAs’ employment.
- Perform a name search of all PAs, before employment, on all applicable state and federal Office of the Medicaid Inspector General’s (OMIG) exclusion lists.
- Participate in PA Specialist Team meetings.
- Participate in the Human Resource/Corporate Compliance staff meetings.
- Refer any issues regarding fraud, waste or abuse to the Corporate Compliance Department.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean, and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Human Resource Coordinator.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must always perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will possess:
- An Associate’s Degree in Human Services, Business or related fields with one (1) year experience as an Administrative Assistant;
- High School Diploma or equivalency with three (3) years’ general office experience.
- Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full, or part of academic credentials.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Russian strongly preferred.
- Must have the ability to independently travel throughout Erie, Niagara, Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming Counties.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal OpportunityEmployer.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-Free Agency
SALARY RANGE: $34,000 to $36,000
CLOSING DATE: April 23, 2021
RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214