EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
TITLE: Independent Consumer Advocacy Network (ICAN) Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: Build capacity within the program as a lead resource for Health and Recovery Plan (HARP) and Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) system questions, inquiries, and technical assistance for the (ICAN) partner organizations. Serve consumers, community members/businesses, individuals with disabilities/chronic illnesses, caregivers and/or professionals through educational presentations, the Summit on Aging, town meetings, community outreaches/presentations.
- Coordinate and implement goals and objectives in regard to the ICAN Program that relate to the outreach and community awareness efforts to targeted populations.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct community outreach and provide in-services and presentations to area organizations, clubs, schools, and other community groups based on the ICAN Grant Objectives.
- Assist consumers in receiving equal rights, as it pertains to their healthcare needs, as a lead resource for HARP and MLTC questions, inquiries, and technical assistance.
- Provide technical assistance on HARP and MLTC systems to consumers, caregivers, and professionals through community outreaches and presentations.
- Make referrals, and when necessary, assist consumers by linking them to other community programs and services that they need.
- Maintain contact records of community members/businesses, individuals with disabilities/chronic illnesses.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by the ICAN Grant Objectives.
- Provide support for the ICAN Outreach and Advocacy Specialist.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in all necessary electronic databases, within two (2) business days of date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Chief Policy Officer.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must at all times perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a Bachelor's Degree with two (2) years related experience in health care or advocacy, or a High School Diploma or Equivalency with five (5) years related work experience. Must be available for occasional weekend and evening outreach events. Must possess organizational and public communications skills. Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full, or in part of academic credentials.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities. Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent Free Organization).
SALARY RANGE: $30,000 – $35,000
CLOSING DATE: July 31, 2019
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214