JOB TITLE: Program Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Homeless Alliance of Western New York (HAWNY), Independent Living of the Genesee Region (ILGR)
LOCATION: Batavia, N.Y.
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, ILGR
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Coordinate the Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming Continuum of Care and maximize community participation.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct monthly Continuum of Care (COC) meetings in the Genesee County, Orleans County and Wyoming County (GOW) areas.
- Maintain and increase participation in Homeless Management Information System (HMIS database) for service providers located in the GOW area.
- Create reports and analyze data from HMIS to guide GOW housing programs, including contributing to COC housing grant writing.
- Communicate with HAWNY on a regular basis to help coordinate services and comply with Housing and Urban Development (HUD) expectations.
- Regularly meeting with Warming Shelters, Schools, Jails, Hospitals, Employment Providers, Mental Health Providers or other organizations and provide resource information to their direct service staff.
- Increase organizational participation and recruit new members into the COC.
- Network with Landlords to educate and engage their participation in housing programs.
- Coordinate at-risk assessment for data tracking purposes.
- Increase homeless services in general, including prevention, shelter and permanent housing.
- Facilitate and coordinate Point-in-Time survey activity.
- Update the GOW pocket-guide and Housing and Employment Resource Guides.
- Produce quarterly reports on all engagement-related activities.
- Attend Agency’s in-service training and staff meetings as well as any other agency related activities as required.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Associate Degree in Human Services
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Candidate must have experience in the Human Services field.
- Selected candidate should possess knowledge of persons with disabilities, as well as federal and state laws pertaining to the rights of persons with disabilities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to travel independently throughout the three (3) service regions (Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming Counties) is required.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
- Residents of Genesee, Orleans and Wyoming Counties encouraged to apply.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week. M – F 8:30 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $39,000 - $42,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: September 14, 2023
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14214