JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance and Compliance Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Compliance
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Compliance Coordinator
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
This position is responsible for assisting with duties within the Corporate Compliance Department with a focus on quality assurance measures, auditing and monitoring.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the primary Quality Assurance Specialist for the variety of Medicaid service contracts across the family of agencies.
- Function as a member of the internal audit team.
- Perform monthly / quarterly reviews of records in a variety of programs to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Assist in the monitoring of Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS) consumer eligibility, coverage, Electronic Visit Verification (EVV), and accuracy of data entry.
- Assist with Agency billing quality assurance activity and with recovery efforts as needed.
- Monitor and maintain all Regional Health Information Organization (RHIO) rosters.
- Fulfill and document medical records requested according to the agency’s process.
- Participate in the performance of periodic reviews of database information to ensure continuity across systems.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in Western New York Independent Living Inc.’s (WNYIL’s) Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) within two (2) working days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalent
Associate degree in Human Services
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Experience with the file audit / review or other quality assurance activities is preferred.
- Experience / knowledge of NYS Health Home services is preferred.
- Possess prior knowledge or the ability to learn OMIG / OIG / HHS / CMS / DOH regulations.
High school diploma or equivalent requires three (3) years’ experience in the human services field.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Candidate must have reliable transportation, automobile insurance and the ability to commute to sites in all the counties WNYIL operates.
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $36,000 - $40,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program.
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: May 10, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214