JOB TITLE: Lead Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Perform administrative activities for and on behalf of the Chief Administrative Officer and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) (and Chief Operations Officer [COO] as necessary). Conduct general office duties, including correspondence, copying, mailing, reception and coordinate activities of the Agency Administrative Assistants.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
CAO / COO / CEO Specific Duties:
- Review and edit correspondence and other related materials for the CAO and CEO and complete all typing, copying, scanning, filing, mailing, and report writing assignments within designated timeframes.
- Maintain and schedule all meetings on CEO’s calendar and monitor and schedule meetings on CAO’s calendar as needed.
- Review and approve all CEO’s staff time off, timecards, mileage logs, and any other paperwork needed and provide backup support to COO as necessary.
- Monthly CEO’s Report:
a. Assemble all Department Director Reports and produce the Western New York Independent Living, Inc. (WNYIL) CEO’s Report by the fifth (5th) business day of each month and forward completed report to CAO and CEO for review.
b. Assist with compiling Administration Department section of the report as needed.
c. Compile all monthly CEO Report data into annual tracking document.
- Review incoming correspondence with the CEO.
- Special projects for the Administrative Department as assigned.
- Assist CAO with program report submission as necessary.
- Convert / transcribe inaccessible information into readable format for the CEO as needed.
- Coordinate CAO and CEO’s travel and transportation as needed.
Board of Directors Specific Duties:
- Assist in maintaining Board Committee lists, Board files, and documentation of annual Board volunteer hours and meeting attendance.
- Assemble and distribute the monthly Board of Directors and standing Committee packages in conjunction with the CAO and President of the Board.
- Assist in writing Board documentation as necessary.
- Staff the Annual Meeting Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate a room location and order food and supplies for monthly Board meetings.
Other Administrative Duties:
- Coordinate Administrative Assistants’ reception coverage schedule.
- Perform back up administrative coverage (door, phone, incoming / outgoing mail) as necessary.
- Coordinate meetings and trainings for Agency Administrative Assistants.
- Post and take outgoing mail to either the Agency mailbox or post office as needed.
- Provide visitor access to 3080 Main Street office building and notify appropriate staff upon arrival.
- Perform backup interpreter scheduling as needed.
- Create internal and external surveys, analyze results, and prepare findings.
- Manage online Agency Resource Library and ensure current information is available to staff.
- Act as Secondary Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for 3080 Main Street Office and ensure appropriate steps are followed in the event of an emergency.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Must become a licensed Notary within one (1) year of employment.
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Associate degree requires five (5) years of administrative experience.
- Bachelor’s degree requires two (2) years of administrative experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be able to type forty (40) words per minute and possess excellent telephone and writing skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft 365 and have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week. M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $40,000 - $45,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: August 19, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14214