TITLE: MHPC — Peer Support Specialist — Renewal Center
DESCRIPTION: Work within the Renewal Center, serving guests of the living space in overcoming immediate emotional crisis, who may alternatively result in emergency room visits.
- To connect, engage, and orient guests to the Renewal Center.
- Utilize motivational interviewing and Intentional Peer Support in meeting the needs of the guests.
- Introduce coping techniques which descalate crisis’s through assisting in developing WRAP and/or WHAM plans of intervention.
- Assist the Qualified Health Professional colleague in obtaining a basic medical assessment.
- Work with guest in preventing future crisis through referral to agency’s the guest chooses.
- Make appropriate referrals to the Assistant Director of MHPC for long term crisis situations, such as housing, government benefits, and employment.
- Perform light maintenance of the Renewal Center, to uphold an environment that meets the high standard of our guest.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in Electronic Health Record database, or as timing permits in the Consumer Service Record (CSR), within two (2) business days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any other duties as deemed legally and ethically necessary by the Supervisor.
SUPERVISION: Works under the direct supervision of the Director of MHPC.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE: Must always perform in a professional, conscientious and efficient manner for ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a High School Diploma, plus 1-year human services work experience. Candidate must be a certified peer specialist within 6 months of hire. Must have lived experience with Mental Health.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
WNY Independent Living, Inc. is a Scent-free Agency.
SALARY RANGE: 29,000 — 34,000
CLOSING DATE: November 15, 2018
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14214