JOB TITLE: Assistant to the Accounts Receivable Manager II
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Accounts Receivable Manager, Accounting
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Import Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS) payroll to general import database from Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) database, bi-weekly. Oversee eligibility list for Medicaid and Managed Care Organizations (MCOs). Record Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit activity daily and reconcile to bank account. Assist CDPAS Payroll Manager with bi-weekly payroll.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bi-weekly import of CDPAS payroll to general import database.
- Oversee eligibility list for Medicaid and MCOs.
- Help to make sure authorizations and units are being updated in a timely manner to ensure that the corrections can be made.
- Record and reconcile ACH bank activity on a daily basis and report as such.
- Follow through with Medicaid appeals after administrative review of reconciliation with the electronic billing system.
- Edit call logs to comply with participant care plans.
- Enter call log data into payroll database system to ensure accuracy.
- Review payroll data to determine and process overtime appropriately.
- Attend Agency’s in-service training and staff meetings as well as any other agency related activities as required.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalent
Associate Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Experience with general import databases or other Accounting software is required.
- Experience with insurance companies and medical billing is preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week. M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Support staff.
Range: $41,500 - $43,500
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: December 30, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14214