JOB TITLE: Adult Behavioral Health HCBS & CORE Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. (WNYIL, Inc.)
LOCATION: Western New York Region (Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Batavia)
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Chief Operations Officer (COO)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Supervise, develop and enhance the provision of Adult Behavioral Health Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) and Community Oriented Recovery and Empowerment (CORE) Services.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and maintain the day-to-day workflow for the provision of Adult Behavioral Health Home and Community Based services.
- Coordinate the transition into CORE services including the mapping of workflows and drafting of procedural manuals.
- Implement Independent Living (IL) philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with Western NY Independent Living (WNYIL) family of agencies to support coordinated service delivery.
- Ensure WNYIL family of Agencies is following current CORE and BH HCBS implantation guidance from the State.
- Lead efforts to further enhance and develop the array of HCBS & CORE services offered by the WNYIL Family of Agencies.
- Ensure all referrals are assigned within twenty-four (24) hours and followed up on within forty-eight (48) hours.
- Make appropriate referrals to CORE Services.
- Ensure Eligibility of BH HCBS & CORE consumers.
- Monitor units of service and authorization dates in accordance with contracted Medicaid Managed Care reimbursement policies.
- Complete Billing Cycle Reviews as scheduled. Work with Accounting to reconcile claims.
- Ensure all Units of Service for BH HCBS & CORE are accurately documented in WNYIL’s electronic consumer record (ECR) within two (2) working days of the date of service.
- Review all service documentation to ensure quality and compliance.
- Assist in the hiring of appropriate qualified staff.
- Orient and train staff on needed skills to provide quality service and improve BH HCBS & CORE performance outcomes.
- Coordinate with direct supervisors in each agency to provide supervision and coaching of HCBS / CORE specialists.
- Contribute to the performance evaluations of staff who are providing HCBS / CORE services.
- Coordinate and facilitate team meetings with BH HCBS & CORE staff from the family of agencies.
- Conduct outreach and engagement activities to increase referrals and community supports.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- The qualified applicant must be a Qualified Health Professionals in one of the following areas: Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW), Psychologist.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle in order to travel to all WNYIL Agencies.
- Ability to work independently at WNYIL Agencies and off-site visits to provide seamless coordination of services.
- The ability to learn about Medicaid, Medicare, pooled trust and other financial resources that may be a barrier or need to obtain services.
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organization and analytical skills.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $55,000 - $65,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: February 16, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214