JOB TITLE: CDPAS Compliance Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Compliance
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Compliance Coordinator
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Perform duties within the Compliance Department to help ensure Agency compliance with program and regulatory guidelines.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct unscheduled visits to consumers’ homes to monitor quality of care, consumer satisfaction and program compliance.
- Assist the Chief Human Resource and Compliance Officer (CHRCO), Compliance Coordinator and other staff involved in Agency quality assurance activities.
- Assist with performing and documenting investigations involving Taking Control assistants and consumers when requested.
- Conduct regularly scheduled reviews of voice recordings to verify personal assistant (PA) compliance with call in / out protocols and report discrepancies to the Compliance Coordinator / CHRCO.
- Work with the Compliance Coordinator on fraud, waste and abuse relative to consumers’ and assistants’ use of the call-in service.
- Monitor and follow up on PA overtime and +16 consecutive work hour issues with consumers and PA’s.
- Function as a member of the internal audit team.
- Assist with data entry for PA’s and consumers in appropriate databases as required.
- Accurately document consumer services and required paperwork in Western New York Independent Living’s (WNYIL’s) Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) within two (2) working days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalent
Associate degree in Human Services
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- High school diploma or equivalent requires three (3) years’ experience in the Human Services field.
- The candidate should possess prior knowledge, or the ability to learn Medicaid regulations as they relate to the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS) program.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Candidate must have reliable transportation and automobile insurance and the ability to commute to sites in all of the counties that the Taking Control Program operates.
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $35,000 - $38,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: October 20, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214