JOB TITLE: Health Homes Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Health Homes Care Coordination (HHA)
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director, HHA
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide day to day support to the Health Homes Care Coordination Department. Collaborate with department staff (Health Homes Care Coordinator's / Director) to ensure the success of the program while enrolling and addressing needs of consumers.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to all offices / locations of the Health Homes Care Coordination Department to ensure programmatic success (ILC, ILNC & ILGR).
- Conduct community outreach and successfully enroll individuals into the Health Homes program to maintain program viability via phone, letter, face to face.
- Work within all associated electronic health records including but not limited to Medent, BTQ, GSI, NetSmart, ePACES and HCS.
- Enter all required data into all required program reporting databases within two (2) business days of the date of service (including but not limited to, Care Plans, referrals, and assessments).
- Provide support to Health Homes Department staff by completion of applications / forms (including but not limited to HEAP, SNAP, housing searches) as needed as identified by collaborating staff and the documentation of completed items within the appropriate electronic health record and submission of completed application.
- Assist enrolled consumers with re-certification of Medicaid.
- Assist care coordinators with re-engaging active consumers who have disengaged using diligent search effort activities.
- Monitor departments required documentation and collaborate with staff to ensure timely completion of required documents to maintain contractual obligations.
- Meet consumers at location of choice to complete services (office, community, external agencies, residence).
- When programmatic need dictates provide full coverage of assigned caseload which includes member contact, either in person or by phone, for the period of time during which the member requires the service adhering to contractual standards.
- Obtain and document / record confirmation of medical diagnosis and other needed forms to ensure contractual obligations and ensure attainment of consumer goals.
- Schedule transportation as needed and follow up on transportation issues as needed.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field
Master’s Degree in a Human Services field
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
Two (2) years of experience in general office work.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Able to type forty (40) words per minute.
- Must be able to travel independently utilizing personal vehicle or public transportation to all consumer inspection assignment coverage areas.
- Must have intermediate level knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and networks.
- Experience in electronic health records preferred.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M –F 8:30 a.m. –5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $35,000 - $40,000.
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program.
OTHER: WNY Independent Living values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: March 15, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc.
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, NY 14214