JOB TITLE: Facilitated Enroller
DEPARTMENT: Independent Living of Niagara County (ILNC)
LOCATION: Niagara Falls, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director, ILNC
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Educate, engage and enroll individuals who are aged (over 65), legally blind and disabled, to address their needs for health insurance by addressing the levels of eligibility, type of insurance that they qualified for, prepare the application and diligently follow through to collect information which is needed to fulfill the eligibility requirements set forth by the Local County Department of Social Services (LCDSS).
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend all necessary Department of Health (DOH), community or Agency training as required.
- Continuously work to identify and conduct outreach activities utilizing new and existing opportunities to educate, engage and enroll specialized populations which live within the designated service areas.
- Conduct community-based education sessions, presentations or public events to educate the general public on available health insurance options.
- Conduct one on one appointments with consumers in a location convenient to them discern eligibility according to the guidelines of LCDSS.
- Conduct regularly scheduled public enrollment sessions at various locations in the community to review applications and assist with enrollment.
- Be present and participate in bi-weekly conference calls with program staff.
- Attend weekly supervisory sessions with the Program Coordinator.
- Attend one professional/community training every six (6) months specific to the aged, blind and disabled population or healthcare enrollment process.
- Enroll in professional development trainings to increase efficiency, accuracy, communication or personal leadership skills.
- Accurately document consumer records and required paperwork in Western New York Independent Living, Inc.’s (WNYIL’s) Electronic Consumer Record (ECR) within two (2) working days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalent
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Experience working in the health and human service field is preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent requires five (5) years of experience.
Associate degree requires three (3) years of experience.
Bachelor’s degree requires one (1) year of experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to type forty (40) words per minute.
- Must be able to travel independently utilizing personal vehicle or public transportation to all consumers in the assigned coverage area.
- Must have basic level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Niagara County residents are encouraged to apply.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week. M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $34,00 0 -$38,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: June 29, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14214