JOB TITLE: Enhancement Navigator
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health PEER Connection (MHPC)
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Enhancement Site Supervisor, MHPC
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
To provide life and employment skills daily to Enhancement Program participants and work individually with Temporary Assistant for Needy Families (TANF) participants in obtaining their goals.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in Person Centered Plan and Independent Living goals with TANF participants.
- Teach Enhancement Program’s life and employment skills.
- Monitor attendance of TANF participants in class.
- Make appropriate referrals to other Adult Vocational Services as needed.
- Accurately document participants services required paperwork in appropriate databases, within (2) working days of the date of service.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
High school diploma or equivalency
Associate Degree in Human Services field
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services field
Professional and life experience may be considered in lieu of, in full or part of academic credentials.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
High school diploma or equivalent requires four (4) years of work experience in the mental health system.
Associate degree requires two (2) years of work experience in the mental health system.
Bachelor’s degree requires one (1) year of work experience in the mental health system.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have intermediate level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office / Community
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Sitting for extended periods of time.
Occasional lifting of not more than 15 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 37.5 – 40 hours per week.
M – F 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Overtime rarely required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, salary, non-exempt, Professional staff.
Range: $31,000 - $36,000
BENEFITS: Agency provided group health insurance.
Vision, dental, life, supplemental insurances available.
PTO and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. (WNYIL) values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
WNYIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
WNYIL is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: October 24, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14214