JOB TITLE: Maintenance
DEPARTMENT: Independent Living of Niagara County (ILNC)
LOCATION: Niagara Falls, NY
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Office Administrator, ILNC
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for staff and consumers.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform general cleaning of agency on an on-going basis, i.e. vacuum, empty wastebaskets and recycling bins, dust, clean bathrooms, wash floors, wash windows, mirrors, take garbage out for pick up, etc.
- Replace and fill soap, toilet tissue and paper towel dispensers when appropriate.
- Set up conference room for meetings with reasonable accommodations as requested.
- Assist in moving office furniture when needed.
- Change light bulbs and other fixtures when needed.
- Clear outside areas of leaves, snow, ice, and other debris as needed.
- Perform minor repairs on facilities’ walls, floors, doors, ceilings, and plumbing as needed.
- Request cleaning supplies when needed.
- Participate in maintaining a neat, clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Must have ability to do hard work, lift heavy furniture and to perform all tasks independently.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE (if required)
- Must have basic level of knowledge of computers including the use of Excel spreadsheets, databases, word processing and networks.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Niagara County residents are encouraged to apply.
- Perform in a professional, conscientious, and efficient manner for the purpose of ensuring a better quality of life for persons with disabilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB: Standing, bending, reaching, and pushing for extended periods of time. Occasional lifting of not more than 50 pounds.
HOURS / SHIFTS: 10 hours per week. M – F 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, hourly, non-exempt support staff.
Rate: $13.20 per hour
BENEFITS: New York State Paid Sick Leave and paid holiday package.
403(b) retirement with Agency match.
Employee Assistance Program
OTHER: Western New York Independent Living, Inc. values our employee safety and follows all recommended NYS required Infectious Disease Prevention Protocols.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for people with disabilities.
Western New York Independent Living, Inc. is a scent-free agency.
Closing Date: July 25, 2022
Cover Letter and Resume Required to:
Tina Brown, CHRCO
WNY Independent Living, Inc,
3108 Main St.
Buffalo, N.Y. 14214