Western New York Independent Living (WNYIL) is proud to announce
Community Oriented Recovery and Empowerment Services
WNYIL is an approved provider of Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) and Community Oriented Recovery and Empowerment (CORE) Services in Erie, Niagara, Genesee, Orleans, and Wyoming Counties.
These services are for adults (age 21 and over) enrolled in a Health and Recovery Plan (HARP). Eligible enrollees must be a Medicaid beneficiary with behavioral health needs within NYS Behavioral Health System. Individuals who are diagnosed with a mental illness and / or substance use disorder and meet criteria as designated by NYS can receive our life-enhancing services.
Community Oriented Recovery and Empowerment (CORE) Services offers:
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation to restore skills for independent living, wellness, and social skills. This service helps with vital life skills such as making social connections, finding or keeping a job, starting or returning to school, and using needed community resources.
- Family Support and Training for individual and family recovery skills and support. This service gives family and friends the information and skills to help and support the member. Your family of origin or your family of choice can play an important role in your growth.
- Empowerment Peer Supports are designed to promote skills for coping with and managing behavioral health symptoms. This service connects members to Peer Specialists who have gone through recovery and are ready and more than willing to help you cope with the unstable ground that lies beneath healing. You will get support and assistance with learning how to live with health challenges and be independent, make decisions about your own recovery, and find natural supports and resources.
Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) offers:
- Prevocational services are time-limited services that prepare you for paid or unpaid employment. This service specifically provides learning and work experiences for an individual with mental health and/or disabling substance use disorders. Prevocational services will help with developing general strengths and skills that contribute to employability in competitive work environments. These services provide supports to individuals who need ongoing support to learn a new job and/or maintain a job in a competitive work environment or a self-employment arrangement.
- Habilitation services enable the participant to integrate fully into the community and achieve independence. They are provided on a 1:1 basis and designed to assist individuals who have a behavioral health diagnosis. Habilitation services will assist in acquiring, retaining, and improving many different skills including: communication, self-help and self-care skills, socialization, fine and gross motor skills, mobility issues, personal adjustment, relationship development, use of community resources, domestic skills and adaptive skills necessary to reside successfully in home and community-based settings.
How to access our services:
Applicants for HCBS / CORE can request WNYIL as a provider with their Care Manager. Applicants for CORE can also call WNYIL and request services themselves.
To learn more about eligibility and the support services available through Adult Behavioral Health HCBS / CORE, contact:
HCBS / CORE Coordinator, 716-836-0822 ext. 148, firstname.lastname@example.org